Monday, March 29, 2010

Tenth Post

Comments for Kids
For my comments for kids I had to visit St. Pius X-Room 6's blog and it was very interesting. I commented on the video on how to use digital cameras. I mainly enjoyed this post because I am not an electronic person, so this video will probably help me out in the future when I actually need to use a camera! I expressed how informative their video was and how much I enjoyed it. Also for all those "Power-shots" to keep up the good work!
An Open Letter to Educators: By Morgan Bayda
Wow! I was not surprised that Morgan had a horrible experience during her college career in dealing with the modern classroom structure and it’s out of date ways. That is because I also have experienced the same structured classes that consist of long boring lectures, and most classes students tend to skip! Most of the things I memorize and actually learn are only for the short term, so I can pass the next test.
Dan Brown dropped out of school, because he said that it was interfering with his education. He made his point by saying that institutional education is going to fail if it does not evolve. His main point of view was that education is now free and easily accessed over the internet. This was an eye opener for me! It made me start thinking about how much money students are paying for education, and did you really get your money worth? College mainly teaches students responsibility and how to deal with stress, it is the first step to slapping kids’ faces with reality. I have learned other things, but I'm really not sure about the value of the education I am receiving.
I thought that this blog was a wake-up call, and made me start thinking about my own education. I believe that institutional education has to evolve to meet the needs of the world, and it is up to the future educators to make this happen! This is going to be very challenging, but it also means that everyone in society will have access to any information needed without anything holding them back! It is exciting to imagine what the world will be like in ten years!

1 comment:

  1. I too cannot wait to see what the world will be like in ten years. I hope that by the time my son is in college that the educational system has changed for the better!

    ReplyDelete