Sunday, March 21, 2010

Comments for Teacher Week 7, 8, & 9

For my comments for teacher I had to comment on Jabiz Raisdana blog "The Intrepid Teacher". The first blog post that I read really caught my eye because it talked about a video that his daughter had made and posted that had gotten a lot of attention from an EDM310 class. On his post he explained that he did not have the time to answer back to all the comments, but he did want to put a special Thanks on his blog to EDM310 class. So he did and there was also a student who sent his daughter a video of her daughter reading a book, so Raisdana also poster another video of his daughter's response. A very enjoyable post!
The second blog post that I commented on was the post "There's no such thing as Virtual: It is all Teaching." It starts off explaining how the school he teaches at was temporarily closed because of the spread of Swine Flu. He goes on explaining how the time away from his students made him start looking into E-Learning or "virtual" learning. His wife works in America and they have the opportunity to work with "Blackboard" but choose not to, and when the crisis hits them they scramble to rapidly learn how the technology can be used to their advantage. So to prevent himself from following in their footsteps he begins his virtual journey. He explains how he uses several different tools in his teaching. I felt like I could relate to this blog because in this class we are doing and learning exactly what he is having to teach himself.
The last blog that caught my attention was "Use your Brain". This post was basically about a paper a student of Raisdana's had wrote about the person who inspired him. This post inspired me to be the best teacher i can be and inspire my student's and get them to learn the world around them and for the future just like Raisdana did. You can visit the "Intrepid Teacher's" blog....Click Here

No comments:

Post a Comment